Clane Village Long Ago
Enjoy our collection of old photos of Clane from long ago.
Clane Village in the 1950s with Manzor's Pub in the foreground.
Clane Village, 1950s, showing the forge (now demolished) in the foreground on the site of the playground.
Jim Malone's Barber shop. Photograph probably from the 1990s? Now rebuilt into a two storey building and currently in use as a charity shop.
Behan's former shop on the Main Street, Clane
The Clane Bus circa 1925
Horse and cart on the Main Street, Clane
O'Neill's Pub and Grocery Shop in the early 1900s. Now this site is occupied by Paddy Power Bookies and AIB. This picture shows James O'Neill and his two sons outside the front door.
Jones' Bar early 1900s
Photo of Clane looking towards the Village Green about 1900 A.D. showing the former terrace of houses. The site is now occupied by Campbell Tyres.
Streetscape of Clane Village about 1900 A.D.
The Mill and Weir on the river Liffey.
Gravel Football, Clongowes Wood College, A.D. 1885.